How can I book an appointment?
There are a variety of ways you can reach out to us, either by:
- calling us on 9609 2935
- texting us on 0423 747 090
- clicking on the green BOOK NOW button located at the bottom of every page on our website
- or alternatively, fill out an Enquiry Form by clicking the purple MAKE AN ENQUIRY button on the top right of every page on our website
- feel free to give us a visit and drop into our practice to book an appointment during our opening hours.
What can I expect on my first visit to the practice?
- Our team of friendly staff will greet you warmly as you walk through our doors.
- Your care providing clinician (Dentist/ Oral Health Therapist) will call you into the room and perform a comprehensive check-up on all teeth and soft tissue.
- To ensure a thorough examination, sometimes you may need to have x-rays taken.
- Our dedicated clinicians will discuss any findings and any treatment (if required) thoroughly with you and are happy to answer any questions you may have.
- If you have also requested a cleaning session in your booked appointment, our passionate Oral Health Therapist will perform a thorough scale and polish to ensure those teeth shine bright!
- Fluoride treatments will be applied (if applicable) to ensure teeth stay strong and protected.
- In-depth, personalised oral health and dietary advices will also be offered. Questions are very welcomed at any time.
Why do I need to come every 6 months for a routine check up and clean?
- Routine check-ups and cleans are vital in maintaining healthy gums and teeth.
- The longer we leave time in between scheduled visits, developing decay and gum disease may go amiss and progress to something more sinister.
- This is why we advise regular visits to keep decay development and gum disease at bay and/or treat them as soon as they appear to prevent any future complications and/or unnecessary complex treatments.
Why do I need to have X-rays taken?
- Clinical examinations can tell us a lot about teeth and gums but they do not tell us everything.
- X-rays are a valuable diagnostic tool that ensures a thorough check of the teeth and jaws.
- X-rays allows us to see:
- any infection or unhealthy developing activity in jaw structures and in/between teeth where the normal eye cannot see
- the extent of the infection (which will dictate what style of treatment is best)
- confirm any suspicion of decay/infection that is sighted during the clinical exam.
- If necessary, we may take x-rays (only with your consent) to ensure no sinister developments in the teeth and jaws go amiss so that a correct and accurate treatment plan tailored to you can be achieved.
Is the radiation dangerous?
- The amount of radiation exposed in a:
- Bitewing/Peri apical x-ray is the equivalent of 3 hours of background radiation that exists all around us.
- OPG is the equivalent of 1 full day in the sun or a short flight.
- Despite these low levels of radiation, we would like to reassure you that we are a practice that is a firm believer in minimising the amount of radiation exposure as much as possible. Our digital x-ray setup minimises this even further.
- We will only take them if we deem it absolutely necessary with your consent.
Where do I get my X-rays done?
- Bite-wings and Peri-apical x-rays are taken in the chair in only a matter of seconds.
- If an OPG is required, we will write you a referral that you can take to our local bulk billed Radiology practice in Wetherill Park to have it done.
- They will send us the digital image directly so there is no fuss or worry on your end.
I get nervous at the Dentist, what services do you offer to soothe my anxiety?
- Generally, our practice has not had a lot of difficulties with anxious patient as our clinicians are very capable and skilled in carrying out your treatment as comfortable and stress-free as possible.
- You can be assured that only the highest standard of care will be carried out by our qualified and trained clinicians with your best interests at heart.
- Our Dentists and Oral Health Therapist are very experienced and have lots of tricks to help with anxiety management. This includes management of children and ensuring that they have a positive and fun visit every time.
- Our priority is YOU – we will not rush or pressure you. Treatments will be carried out at a pace that is comfortable for you and we will give you plenty of breaks in between if required. Your happiness and well-being is our number one priority and we will do everything we can to ensure it.
- However, in the rare case that you require more, we offer:
- Local Anaesthesia: If required, we can administer a small dose of anaesthetic to the specific area to numb it for your peace of mind and ensure comfort during treatment.
- Topical Anaesthetic: We will apply a numbing cream to the site of injection to minimise any feelings of discomfort during local anaesthetic administration.
How do you ensure the highest standard of care is given?
- Qualified and trained clinicians with lots of experiences in a variety of cases. Our Dentists and Oral Health Therapist undertake ongoing courses and post graduate study to keep up to date with the latest in dental industry developments and research.
- We tailor all our treatment plans specifically to that particular patient so that the correct and accurate treatment is received. All our advices are personalised to each specific patient and their individual needs.
- Strict adherence to Infection Control procedures to protect you, other patients and staff. The prevention of bacterial and viral transmission is the responsibility of all staff members and no short cuts are taken to ensure that disease transmission does not occur. This includes use of disposable personal protective equipment, alcohol sprays and wipes after every patient, sterilisation protocols and autoclaving of instruments and tools, awareness of all patient’s medical records, general house keep and cleanliness of the practice etc.
- Daily/ weekly/ monthly quality control tests and maintenance on all our equipment, machinery and tools to ensure they provide optimal performance every time.
- We are a practice that appreciates and listen to all feedback so that we can consistently provide you the highest standard of care and the best of experiences.
What payment methods do you accept?
- Direct deposit into our bank account
- Cheque (with identification)
- Credit cards: Visa, Mastercard, AMEX
- Zip Money and Zip Pay
Do you accept Health Fund cards?
Yes, we do accept all Health Fund cards. We claim directly through your Health Fund through HICAPS, and you will just need to pay a gap, if any. You will just need to bring your card with you for us to claim.
Do you accept Health Fund cards?What other support services can assist me in payment?Do you accept Health Fund cards?
- Hospital Vouchers – If you have a Health Care Card, you can go to the local Public Dental Hospital and get either an Emergency Dental Voucher, if they decide to issue one for you. It is up to them to decide if they will issue you a voucher, or do the treatment there themselves. They can also issue Vouchers for comprehensive dental treatment, but the waiting list is for several years.
- Veterans Affairs – If you have a Gold card with Department of Veterans Affairs, we can claim all your dental treatment through them.
Is my child eligible for Child Dental Benefit Scheme?
- The Child Dental Benefits Schedule is an Australian Government program that provides access to up to $1013.00 in benefits over two consecutive calendar years
- It covers most basic general dental services but not specialist services like orthodontics or services provided under general anaesthetic
- You don’t need to register your child for the CDBS. Families and teenagers will be advised by the Department of Human Services if they are eligible
- If you are eligible for treatment under this, you need not pay as it is bulk-billed from Medicare
- To be eligible for the CDBS, a child must be:
- aged between 2-17 years
- their family must receive Family Tax Benefit Part A or a relevant Australian Government payment.
- You can also check your child’s eligibility and CDBS balance through your Medicare online account at MyGov, or by calling 132 011
- If you are unsure of your eligibility, please call the surgery with your Medicare number, so we can check online for you
Do you charge a cancellation fee?
If you need to cancel an appointment with us for whatever reason, please call us during our opening hours (24 hours before hand). This enables us to call our standby emergency patients to be seen. Otherwise a cancellation fee of $55 may apply.
Ask a Question
Do you have any questions about dental care or our treatments?